Sunday, August 28, 2022
Sunday, August 21, 2022
Monday, February 14, 2022
Monday, January 24, 2022
Bushy Eyebrows, my retro jumper and Chanda Mama
Created part of the #drawthisinyourstyle challenge by @littleyellowgherkin at insta. Indian lullaby ‘Chanda mama’cradle, me enjoying my bounrvita milk in my retro jumper, I really Love that jumper and wish we still had it…. I would look so cool n retro!!!
Created in procreate
Friday, January 21, 2022
"Self-sabotage refers to behaviours or thought patterns that hold you back and prevent you from doing what you want to do."
How many times have you done this? I have done it plenty, I did it this morning and few minutes back, thats the reason of m writing this post. Not saying am proud of it on the contrary I am sharing this to bring a change in my daily tasks.
|me preparing new surface to paint|
I usually hold myself responsible for many things but I never take the responsibility of being my worst critic.I can easily motivate people I love motivating fellow creatives but the struggle to keep a vision for myself gets lost quite easily. Yes I have achieved many things but I have also pulled my foot backwards from stepping towards my dream. If you do it to or did in past how did you come out of it? Did you know The most common self-sabotaging behaviours include procrastination
After recommendations from my sister (my Mentor /Coach) i have started reading to Psycho cybernetics and also started practising Silva Method, these practices have made me realize one major thing among many - we need to be aware of our limiting beliefs, our fears and then move on. As we move on, staying aware of the patterns we push ourselves into...the things that show up over and over again we can tackle them much easily. My biggest sabotage pattern is whenever I decide of a big goal instead of working on it or writing it down I will do everything else. Small jobs will start appearing in front of me - small design projects thats show me money flowing in or has urgent requirements, then housework or the family or internet!
My Now Tactic -
1) Write down my goals not only my daily tasks - Read my long term goal, mid terms goals and short term goals.
2) Five mins -15 mins relax , mediate , go for walk alone
3) B aware when a task comes in -how urgently does it need my attention? and why is it urgent? Only do the task till after I have completed something from my to do list that will take me a step closer to my dream.
4) Say/ appreciate myself/ compliment myself be a small task or big or even if its a i made good tea! or i look nice
I am over all going to be aware why am i don't what am doing! Please share with me if you found a way to deal with self sabotage.
Monday, November 15, 2021
- Gagan mah thaal, Rav-chand Deepak baney, Taarka mandal Janak Moti
- Dhoop maliaanlo Pavan chavaro karey, Sagal Banrai phoolant jyoti
- The Sky is Your platter, The sun and moon are the 'Deepaks' the lamps (lights), The Stars in the sky are the pearls,
- The 'Dhoop' (Incense) is the fragrance, That the wind propels, The whole forest is Your flowers.
- Kaisee Aarti hoi Bhaykandana Teree Aarti
- Anhata Shabad Vajanta bheree
- O! What a wonderful Aarti, this is!
- You, are a destroyer of Fear,
- The sound of Your Name, which is so subtle, that It goes unheard,
- Resounds endlessly.
As per Sikh Chronicles, Guru Nanak visited Jagannath Puri during his east travels, which is a famous pilgrimage center of Hindus. Nanak noticed that the priests were more interested in the rituals and elaborate arrangements rather than in their love for God. So he stepped outside the temple and composed almighty of Nirankar.Like so many verses I find this one really magical. Sketching this on procreate was really helpful, am still learning but loving every but of it.
Friday, November 12, 2021
Adding more to the Digitals Portrait Series - Childhood Hero Series These are the people who left a mark on me growing up in one way or other. As I worked on these series creating them on Procreate as a daily practice as been such a lovely learning curve and it helped me to see what i really enjoy.
It also reminded me of what about these specific people left a mark on me … be it the lotus on the cover on Arundhati Rap’s book cover ‘ God of Small Things’
Arundhati Rao - Author of God of Small Things