Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Loud thinking

Notes to Myself- by Hugh Prather left a big mark on me not sure what about it? Am not even sure it was the book or my sister’s trust in my weird sensibilities that encouraged me to read n get to love this book. Many moons back my sister while studying in uni got me this book, inside it there was a note by her  ‘I didn’t understand it but I know you will’ 

Anyways if you haven’t had a chance to come across this book, this what I found online that best describes it- ‘The book serves as a beginning for the reader's exploration of his or her own life and as a treasury of thoughtful and insightful reminders.’  

The simplicity of the words,  the insights shared feel they are shared as not really to inspire but they are truly genuinely meant as a loud thought.  I love the tag line too- my struggles to be a person. 
I felt a kinship with the words, as I haven’t shared this much before when I was young I used to write poems : my writing that time and I still feel is as if I am just typing my loud thoughts. They make sense in my head, these also make sense randomly but at the same time these also feel vague and simple. 
So why all this about the book, you may ask ( if somebody is actually reading this)? Well mainly to say I am planning to start it again and share my thoughts here… notes to myself these might be helpful to some or one. Who knows?! But I need to do this for myself definetly to help clear my head and understand myself more as part of my this year resolution. 
If you have read the book let me know or if are planning to let me know what you think once you read it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment