Monday, April 26, 2021

A Break from Instagram - Mental Health

 How easily do you get lost in Instagram hole, or Pinterest hole? or any social media hole per say? If you had asked me a week back i would have said most of the time!

Its been more than a week I have resisted going on Instagram, looking at other beautiful artworks and getting lost in it. I haven't posted anything for the week consciously, I feel a bit strange but needed it for my mental health. Now till 3rd May I am away from  instagram except the Instalive Thursdays for Permission to Create.

Moving countries during Pandemic, figuring out what we actually want to do or rather I want to do, has been tricky. I think the case is with many creatives who easily loose themselves in the heap of ideas and feel overwhelmed on the amount of things they can do but of course realistically one has only certain hours in day, and one cant keep feeling bad about each idea that they cant give their best or work on. Or maybe we can and its about time that it should be stopped, for me definitely. 

I have been going to Gurudwara everyday for past 40days, which helped me further in clearing my head, for that few mins to have space to think and appreciate something else than just house admin. 

I hope wherever you are you manage to get few mins if not more to your self everyday. Atleast sometime where you can re focus on the wider perspective of your life and your creative being.


Picture below - Fryent Park London 
Trousers credit Joan Hebbard







No comments:

Post a Comment