Thursday, February 4, 2021

What do you to inspire yourself?

 Salvador Dali would fall asleep with a key in his hand, suspended over plate.Just as he fell asleep, the clatter of the dropped key would startle him to consciousness so he record and paint his dreamlike state.

The writer Honore de Balzac drank 50 cups of coffee a day. 

At the end of every month, Andy Warhol collected a time capsule of objects which once included a mummified foot. 

What do you to inspire yourself? To Fill the Artist's well?   I go for a walk!


Yes a walk. Walks that have no real purpose and no real goal, but are all about staring at the sky or sidewalks and talking to myself. Now i have little one talking to me and being curious, which helps most of the times to make me realize he is asking real questions. When he was around 2 years old, the walks had such different meaning to them, these slowest walks without motives were spent looking at anthills and snails crossing the sidewalks. which I hadn't done in years.

But I do have to say I love walks on my own, or just lying down on the grass or staring at the waves, walking through a forest/wild growth...... 

The more I think about it, I realize all these actually calm my chaotic mind helping me see clearly, the inspiration that was there in front of me all along. The leaves moving, the clouds changing shapes, the barefoot walks, the key is in the small details. 

Would love to know what you do to inspire yourself?

p.s. I did use to keep a sketchbook next to my pillow to record my dreams, but havent done that exercise in a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment