Saturday, February 6, 2021

Facing the fear as an Artist

see the process on instagram


Its very easy to get caught up in the comfortable to keep on doing what you are used to with fears of different kind, no matter if you an artist or in any other field.  Once in awhile its important to pay attention to whats calling you, whats asking you to come play, what idea you have been saving tod o one day but your inner critic takes over. Because when you do face it, the growth you will experience could change you, inspire you. 

For me I had been sitting on the idea of painting decorative vehicles, especially trucks and painting a collection of surface patterns based on the truck art. I remember I even studied this in my early years of college. But i never gave it much importance, my inner critic had many things to say - like you have never drawn vehicles before (I am sure I have but I can't remember any), its been done so many times, its so time consuming you have time for this.....and many more. I am sure some of you can relate to this. 

But am glad I took this challenge as a part of my 100dayproject 2021, so I am not only writing a blog post everyday but also painting everyday and sharing my progress on Instagram.
I am so glad I painted this scooter based on Trucks of Pakistan's picture, it helped me tell my fear take a side seat.  It might not be perfect in perspective but it surely is a cheerful scooter for me to show me and remind me I can do.

If an idea keeps on nudging pay attention to it. Hope you will face your fears too and blow away the dust on the ideas that have been waiting for you to show up.





No comments:

Post a Comment