Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Let yourself Feel!


We all protect ourselves from so many things on regular basis, so many emotions. We all have heard its ok to cry, truly its important to cry, to have an outlet, to let yourself feel but so many of us choose to ignore. 
I laugh nervously when I am put in an comfortable situation, I get angry when I feel like crying and I ignore and choose to clean or distract myself rather face something I feel can sadness.. to loose myself.  I know as an Artist I should let myself feel. I also know as I say that I also have the thoughts rising, 'I don't have time to sit down and face what am feeling' W

As soon as the wave of sadness hits I protect myself, rather than letting myself feel all those emotions. 
Now with Farmers Protest going for more than over 2 months and high human rights violation in India 
I feel a rush of emotions growing but with me falling in same cycle. 

By coincidence, I came across Skillshare class by Simona de Lea- Art For Cause: How to translate Emotion into Illustration. Her lesson about - 'choosing the topic' helped me figure out how I can use my weakness on this and turn it into my strength.  Please do check her class out here 
So this morning I did a brainstorming exercise as Simona shows in her class, to get in touch with my feelings about the protest, why was it so important, what were the reasons I felt so strongly connected to it, what are the reasons pushing me away from this. I realized for me its important to use the strengths, the positivity, my vision of the farmers more important than showing them hurt! showing them being tortured. Fro the sadness and hurt I want to depict their humbleness and focus on their growth. 

I think the key is one's vision for something, for someone which will help us not get swayed by fake news, by media... if we just feel, while listening to our instincts of why something is important. 

Let yourself Feel! 

Arora Bori 






#artistmother #skillshareclass #artistsupportingartists #feelings #simonadelea #artforcause #createarteveryday #journal #sketchbookpractice #arorabori #foodforthought #artpractice 

No comments:

Post a Comment