Monday, May 3, 2021

Illustrating Emotions - Skillshare Class by Anne Bollman

I have started reworking on my first written and illustrated book (its too personal so i keep finding reasons to not work on it- more about it later in another post). The story is quiet emotional and I have been scared of approaching this very honestly. So best to help myself and not to think of this excuse again, there are 2 topics I will be focussing on to start with on Skillshare - Surface Pattern design (To hone further skills and though I have been a Pattern Designer for 13 years now, I am fascinated by how somebody works in the same field) and the second topic is Illustrating Characters or Childrens book. 

The first class I took this week is approx 40 min long Class by Anne Bollman (Anne was Here) called Illustrating Emotions.

Outline of the class - Drawing happy characters comes easily to most artists, but what if you need your character to show another emotion? In this class we will explore how to apply emotion to a character. 

I must say the class delivers fully to what it says, Ok the research idea maybe is taught to illustrators or maybe some people work like that already instinctively, but the idea of going thru childrens book and making a graph/ a chart to compare how different illustrators draw an emotion I had never thought of that! I found it very refreshing and love how simply she has explained it. Earlier I was happy with what rough sketches I had created, now I will be revisiting these. 

On other note - Anne Bollman characters have such beautiful eyes. I love them. Have you taken the class? if yes let me know what you thought? Or if you have taken any other of her classes, let me know?


No comments:

Post a Comment